Michigan Weapons Crimes Defense Lawyer
Offenses where weapons are used in the commission of the crime are the most frequently charged and prosecuted in Michigan. A list of these offense include:
- Possession of a concealed weapon
- Possession of a handgun or pistol without a permit
- Carrying a concealed weapon (CCW)
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Pointing or aiming a firearm
- Brandishing a firearm in public
- Possession of armor piercing ammunition or bullets
- Possession of a short barreled (or sawed off) shotgun or rifle
- Possession of a machine gun or semi-automatic firearm
- Possession of explosives, toxins or chemicals
- Possession of metallic (brass) knuckles
- Possession of a taser gun, stun gun, muffler or silencer
- Possession of a dagger, dirk, stiletto, or double edged knife
- Felony firearm (possession of a gun while committing any felony)
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Unlawful manufacturing, sale or distribution of firearms
If you have been charged with any of the above offenses, you need an experienced attorney to provide the defense you will need. As a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I am familiar with the state’s protocols for investigating, charging, and prosecuting weapons crimes. This knowledge combined with my years of defending clients charged with weapons crimes gives me the ability to explore all possible defenses to your arrest and prosecution.
As in all other criminal cases the first line of defense is to question your arrest. Often the arresting officer will approach you without anything more than a hunch that you are carrying an illegal firearm. I have been successful in challenging cases where the only probable cause to investigate was based on racial profiling. Once the search is thrown out, so is the entire case against you. That is why you need to contact my office as soon as you are arrested. You need me to have your back at the earliest possible moment if you want any chance of beating the rap.At Leslie Posner Law, I provide an aggressive and vigorous defense for my clients charged with any weapons related offense.
Contact Leslie E. Posner, PLLC
To schedule an initial consultation, call me at Leslie Posner Law toll free (866-697-7404), locally 313-628-4711 or contact my law firm online today by filling out the form on the Contact page. I will help you understand your best options and protect your rights.